Quid is hosting the next d3.bayarea() Meet Up event! Please join us for an engaging visualization discussion. Food, beer, and wine will be provided. RSVP: https://lnkd.in/b3vKky4 Major League Data Visualization Wednesday January 20th @ 6:30pm 62 1st Street FL 5 San Francisco CA Those working in data visualization know how challenging projects can be. There is no silo for data visualization. To do it well often requires domain experts, designers, analysts and engineers contributing in their own special way. How you bring these diverse skills together again and again through iterations is still more an art than a science. This month at the D3 MeetUp we have a team from Stanford’s Sports Analytics Club talking to us about how they came together to take second place in Graphicacy’s Major league data challenge. Graphicacy is a creative analytics design firm who challenged a host of contestants to visualize the statistics of the 20 top baseball players of all time. The team consists of Eli Shayer, Scott Powers, Ryan Chen, Daniel Alvarado, and Stephen Spears. During the MeetUp we’ll hear about the conception of their project, their process for effectively working in groups, how they made decisions as well as how d3.js […]Read More
- How does Quid create reliable business intelligence?
- Our First Engineering Game Day
- Improving search with Word2Vec and Wikipedia
- Managing text data you haven’t seen and can’t control
- Using deep learning with small data
- It’s NOT the Stork: Where Tests Come From
- Quid Hackathon II
- Here’s a suggestion
- Optimizing The Rendering Engine
- Quid Hackathon
- Major League Data Visualization Event @ Quid!
- The Ups and Downs of a Chef Shop
- Reaching Equilibrium in Web Browser Network Visualizations